Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil Review

Hello darlings,

Today I have for you a review of one of the new products I bought. This season has brought on an urge that I don't usually get and that is the urge to wear lipstick. So I've spent the last two months looking at Youtube videos and picking up random lipsticks from my local drugstore in order to find my perfect shades (but we'll save those other colors for another post). Along with wanting to find good lipsticks that compliment my skintone, I've ALWAYS wanted to find a nude lip color. All the ones that I found at my local drugstores have either been too pink, too orange, or too brown and after noticing that I went to Sephora and asked one of the consultants to help me find a color. I tried out the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil and OMG...it's soooooooooooooooooo awesooooooooooooome!

The color I got is called More 9109. The color matches my natural lip color nicely without being overpowering, adds just a little more saturation to them if I do say so myself.

^In this picture I've only applied the lip color to my bottom lip so you can see the comparison of my natural lip to the color. When you compare it to a brand like Wet'N'Wild or NYC you can really feel the difference. It's so freakin' smooth and moist but it does have a very slight sticky feel after a few minutes like most glosses.

(The color in my bedroom lighting)

Color: 5/5

Texture: 5/5 [By texure I mean how well it applies and how it feels on my lips]

Price: 4/5

Would I buy it again?: Yes

I'm not fond of the price of this product which was around $25, but it's worth it in the long run. The pencil looks like it'll last me for a good 0.5-1 year since you don't have to re-apply coats of it a lot throughout the day and I more than likely will not be wearing it every single day.

I hope you found this review useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment