Friday, July 6, 2012

Hair Dye Experiment

What's up ya'll?
Yesterday I had a random impulse that I acted on and it was to dye the blond part of my hair a pastel purple! :D

I went to Walmart and bought Splat! Hair dye in Lavender (Picture are once again at the bottom of the post) it cost me $8 because it was on sale [regular price is about $10-$11] and also bought a 1 1/4 inch barrel curling iron, but that's for another post.
This is my first time dyeing hair a permanent color and I'd say this kit was easy to use but their gloves are flimsy.. I advise using latex gloves as oppose to the ones that come with the kit.

Anyway, I follow the steps but make a mistake. I either didn't put enough of the bleach in the hair, didn't leave it in long enough, or I did both. So this heavily affected how the color turned out. So I failed at the bleaching and proceeded to mix the color that came with the kit with some conditioner to lighten it [I ended up using a whole damn bottle of conditioner for 1/2 teaspoon of color! That stuff is heavily concentrated!] and the first time I applied it the hair just looked like it had a very light purple tint.

I went back and added more dye, said eff the pastel color I just want purple, and put the now darker shade of purple in the hair. Now the hair looks like it'll be a more saturated shade of lilac and I'm excited! But when I rinsed it out, it turned into a dusty pink color ._.

It doesn't look bad, but it's not what I was going for...*shrug*

Also, I apologize for the out of order pictures. This app kind of sucks when it comes to pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment